Thursday, December 6th, 2012
The delightful Charlotte Nash tagged me to answer a few questions on The Next Big Thing, a sort of chain letter blog-style, in which authors answer a few questions about their books and tag a few more authors. Here are my answers:
1) What is the working title of your next book?
LONDON’S LAST TRUE SCOUNDREL
2) Where did the idea come from for the book?
Strangely, the idea originated with the title, which my editor at St. Martin’s Press chose. This has never happened before but I found it an interesting challenge to write a book inspired by the title. A scoundrel had just appeared in the last book in my Ministry of Marriage series as a secondary character, so it seemed natural to write him as the hero for this book.
3) What genre does your book fall under?
Regency Historical Romance
4) What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
My hero would be played by a big man with buckets of wicked charm. Gerard Butler, perhaps? Or Brendan Fraser (if he can do the English accent) Heroine… hmm. Maybe Kate Winslet. Someone pretty with a will of iron who doesn’t tolerate fools.
5) What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
A scoundrel on the brink of ruin, Jonathon, Earl of Davenport is bent on seducing Hilary deVere but when an enemy from his past returns to threaten Hilary, he must protect her at all costs.
6) Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
The book is under contract with St. Martin’s Press, represented by an agency.
7) How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
I love Loretta Chase’s MR. IMPOSSIBLE and the dynamic between my hero and heroine is very similar to the principal characters in that romance. Davenport is wicked and incorrigible while Hilary is very single-minded in pursuit of her goal and doesn’t let him get away with anything.
9) Who or what inspired you to write this book?
I was inspired by the longing we all have to belong–whether it’s to a family or to society at large.
10) What else about the book might pique the reader’s interest?
My hero has an excellent pair of buttocks:) The book releases on June 2013.
Now it’s my turn to tag!